On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 Monroe-Woodbury residents will vote on a proposed budget for the 2016-17 school year and a bus purchase proposition. Residents will also elect three candidates for the school board.
Below is some important information regarding voter registration:
To vote an individual must be:
• A resident of the district for at least 30 days prior to the vote
• 18 years of age or older
• A U.S. citizen
If you are registered to vote in general elections, you are automatically eligible to vote in school elections. If you are not registered, you can obtain a registration form in the office of the district clerk or at any school building. The district clerk is housed at the Education Center, 278 Route 32, Central Valley.
Special Voter Registration will be held at the Education Center on:
• Saturday, May 7 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, May 10 from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The last date individuals will be able to register is Thursday, May 12.
Absentee Ballot Information
• Absentee ballots are available to registered voters who will not be in the district on the day of the budget vote for specific reasons. download application for absentee ballot
• If the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the completed application must be received by the clerk of the district no later than 4:30 p.m., prevailing time, Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
• If the ballot is to be given personally to the voter, the completed application must be received by the Clerk of the District no later than 4:30 p.m., prevailing time, Monday, May 16, 2016.
• Absentee ballots must be received by the clerk of the district no later than 5:00 p.m., prevailing time, on the date of the Annual Meeting and Election.