On Thursday, February 4, Monroe-Woodbury Future Business Leaders of America attended its annual spring district meeting at Carmel High School. The 3N District Meeting began with leaders sharing information about the upcoming state competition, which will be held in Rochester, NY in April. The Carmel CSD superintendent and Carmel HS principal wished everyone good luck and then the events began. Our own Daniel Willis, New York State FBLA President, took part in running the meeting.
During the meeting, members competed in multiple competitive events, ranging from Introduction to Mathematical Calculations to the prestigious Future Business Leader. The following M-W members placed in their events:
- Dan Willis (Job Interview- 1st Place)
- Kristina Stevanovic (Impromptu Speaking- 2nd Place)
- Tim Mulvihill (Business Calculations- 2nd Place)
- Reid Backus (Basic Decision Making- 3rd Place)
- Jordan Gollinger (Public Speaking I- 3rd Place)
- Devika Naik (Accounting- 4th Place); and
- Lauren Ganowski (Business Communications- 5th Place)
Some members also took practice exams in order to prepare for the upcoming state leadership conference. Along with the individual competitions, members competed as a group in hopes of winning the coin challenge. All the money raised throughout the meeting was then donated to the state charity, Wounded Warriors. Many of us returned home excited about being members who will represent District 3N at the state leadership conference. Members will now focus on fine tuning their speeches, practicing with fellow members and advisors, and continuing to organize chapter fundraising events.
Article by Akshani Patel