Did you know?
- 1 in 68 children are diagnosed with Autism, many live in our community
- Autism affects 1 in 42 boys
- There is no medical detection or cure for Autism
- No two people with Autism are alike
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder
- Individuals with autism typically have difficulties in verbal and non-verbal communication, social interactions, and leisure or play activities
- Autism is NOT a hopeless condition
- Many famous people are Autistic:
- Albert Einstein
- Bill Gates
- Dan Ackroyd
- Jim Henson
- Daryl Hannah
- Mark Twain
Many people today are affected by Autism in some way. It’s time to not only support awareness, but to show acceptance. Please mark your calendars and help us shine the light on Autism.