Tuesday, January 24 Update
Due to today’s school closure, the following changes have been made for scheduled
Regents and midterm exams:
- Global 10 Regents will be administered on Wednesday, January 25 at 11:05 a.m.
- Physics Regents will be administered on Wednesday, January 25 at 11:05 a.m.
- English 11 Common Core Regents will be administered on Friday, January 27 at 7:15 a.m.
Second semester, and third quarter, begin on Monday, January 30, which leaves no exam make-up day. As a result, all midterms and block exams scheduled for Tuesday, January 24 have been cancelled. Regents exams have been rescheduled as listed above.
Please refer to this page for additional updates regarding Exam Week. Any questions can be directed to the Assistant Principal at each house, or to the Interim Principal.
Examinations, including Midterms, semester finals and NYS Regents Examinations, are scheduled from Tuesday, January 24-Friday January 27. Some in-class exams will be given the week of January 17-20. Individual teachers will provide information about their test schedules. These exams are important because they:
- represent 10% of the final grade in full-year courses
- represent 20% of the final grade in semester courses
- provide a cumulative review of the first semester’s work
- provide a comprehensive analysis of student progress
- provide a testing experience that will enable students to perform well on the June local and state examinations
It is crucial that students attend all scheduled examinations. Make-up examinations will only be given if absences are validated by a medical excuse signed by a physician. Regents exams, if missed or failed, can be made up ONLY during the next scheduled exam administration, typically in June 2017.
Special bus transportation is offered for students whose exams begin at 11 a.m. and for those whose exams are completed at 10:15 a.m. Regular bus transportation for 7:00 a.m. arrival and 2:15 p.m. departure will be on the normal bus schedule.
Please review the attached documents carefully!