February 24, 2017
Our upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on the afternoons of Wednesday, March 15, and Thursday, March 23, from 11:14 AM to 1:58 PM, and on the evening of Wednesday, April 5, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. During these times you will be provided with an opportunity for a private conference with your child’s teacher(s). Each parent-teacher conference is limited to six minutes.
In an effort to streamline the scheduling process we will again be using an online scheduling program called “pickAtime,” which will enable you to schedule your own appointment using a home computer. Attached to this letter you will find the steps necessary to schedule your conferences. Once scheduled, you will be able to print a full schedule of what you have chosen. Access to this website will be available on Friday, March 3, 2017 at 12:00 AM.
Please note that pickAtime will only allow you to schedule appointments for one date. If you need to cancel the appointments, you must do it in pickAtime and give at least 24 hours’ notice, or you will not be able to reschedule appointments for another date.
We believe that direct and personal communication with your child’s teachers is vital to his/her success. We encourage you to participate in these parent/teacher conferences. If for some reason you cannot attend, please be reminded that you are welcome to call the High School throughout the school year to meet or speak with any staff member.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the House A Office at extension 7510. We look forward to seeing you at these conferences.
Assistant Principal, House A
Directions for Parents
To gain access to the website:
Click on the pickAtime link on The Monroe-Woodbury High School homepage:
Register (new users)
1. Enter your email address and push “Login/Create Account”.
2. Fill in the required fields and register.
3. For each child, enter a student ID and birthdate. The birth date must be entered as follows: mm/dd/yyyy)
Sign In For Previously Registered Users:
If you’ve previously registered, all you need to do is enter your email and password. The system will know about your appointments and the children you have added to your account.
1. Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color, and the times increase as you go down the page. (Note: you will not see all of the teachers at your school, just the set of teachers that your children have classes with.)
2. Click on a square to book that time.
3. You will optionally have the choice of setting a time when you would like a reminder email delivered.
4. Click “Create Appointment”.
Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you’d like to visit with.
- At any time you can click on “printable schedule” and print the resulting web page to get a hard copy of your schedule. You will also have the option to email your schedule to yourself.
- If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account.
- Click on “Your Schedule” to display and hide your appointments. There will be links to change the time, or cancel the appointment.
Half Day Bell Schedule for Parent Teacher Conferences
|March 15, 2017
|March 23, 2017
|PERIOD 2||PERIOD 1||7:08 – 7:44|
|PERIOD 3||PERIOD 2||7:48 – 8:24|
|PERIOD 6||PERIOD 4||8:28 – 9:04|
|PERIOD 7||PERIOD 5||9:08 – 9:44|
|PERIOD 8||PERIOD 9||9:48 – 10:24|
AM BOCES: Normal BOCES arrival schedule. Students will be transported home directly from BOCES.
PM BOCES: Normal High School arrival schedule. Students to remain in High School Cafeteria until 12:00 noon transport to BOCES.
Parent/Teacher Conferences are from 11:14 a.m. to 1:58 p.m.