High School PTA
2016-2017 Executive Board
President: Kim Laskorski
Vice President: Cathy Smith
Treasurer: Ricci Blumenau
Recording Secretary: Angela Traina
Corresponding Secretary: Lee Friedman
2017-18 Executive Board
President – Kim Laskorski
Vice President – Cathy Smith
Treasurer – Tracey Meehan
Recording Secretary – Lee Friedman
Corresponding Secretary – Ricci Blumenau
2016-17 HS PTA Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at 7 p.m. in High School Room 130
Meeting topics to be determined. Please check website for updates.
February 7 – 7 p.m.
- Coffee Hour with M-W HS Interim Principal Mr. Matthew Kravatz
- Students, parents and teachers are welcome
- Feb. 7 Meeting Agenda
March 14 – 7 p.m.- CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
April 27 – 7 p.m. – Health and Wellness Meeting – moved to Room 140
- Vapors and e-cigarettes
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Vladu, Pulmonologist
- Mental health and depression
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Calderoni, Pediatrician
- Immunizations required by grade level
- Guest Speaker: Linda Baker, Public Health Nurse Orange County Department of Health
- Handouts in English and Spanish will be provided
- Parents of any age students are welcome!
May 9 – 7 p.m. — Budget Presentation
Our Mission and Our Goals:
Monroe-Woodbury High School PTA is proud to be an active part of our National PTA, the oldest and largest volunteer organization in the United States that works exclusively on behalf of our youth. In striving to fulfill the mission of the PTA we:
- Support and speak on behalf of youth.
- Encourage parent and public involvement with the issues facing our youth today, both in and out of school.
- Work to strengthen the relationship between home and school so that parents and teachers may collaboratively educate our youth.
- Develop between educators and the general public unified efforts that will secure for all our youth, the highest advantages in public education.
Our goals for the school year are to:
- Increase student involvement
- Strengthen parent and teacher participation
- Provide information on current topics through parent education programs
- Build a sense of community within our school
High School PTA Sponsored Events & Programs
Each year PTA proudly serves students and families by offering the following activities and programs:
- Scholarships for graduating seniors (family or student must be a HS PTA member to be eligible)
- National PTA Reflections Program
- Senior Volleyball Tournament
- PTA Mini Grants
- Art Purchase Award
- Red Ribbon Week