Bookshare for Parents
How to download Bookshare books for students
- Open Read:OutLoud program on your computer.
- Enter your email address (the one you provided to Bookshare) and your password on the login screen
- Type a search term or book title into the Search box. Click Search and then click on Advanced Search for more options
- The Search Results will appear. Click on the title of the book you want.
- To download the book, click on one of the icons:
- the daisy is for text only
- the daisy with a photo in the corner is for text with images
- You will be asked to enter the Bookshare password
- The first time you download a book, you will be asked to create a Download Password which is used to unzip the books you download.
- This is NOT the same password you use to log in to the Bookshare web site. It is a special password that is used only to unzip a book that you have already downloaded to your computer.
- Once you have created your password, be sure to make a note of it for the next time you download a book.
- After you enter your password, you will see the book Loading or Parsing. You are ready to read!