March 13, 2017
Dear Monroe-Woodbury families,
Due to the forecast for a significant snow event tomorrow, all Monroe-Woodbury schools will be closed on Tuesday, March 14.
Based on the weather forecast, there is a likelihood of a delay or closure on Wednesday, March 15. As a result, the following schedule changes have been made:
1 – Wednesday, March 15 will now be a full day of school for all students if school is in session or delayed.
2 – Parent/teacher conferences have been moved to Friday, March 17. Students will follow a half-day schedule on March 17 and will be dismissed at the following times:
- K-1: 11:50 a.m.
- 2-5: 12:45 p.m.
- 6-8: 11:37 a.m.
- 9-12: 10:25 a.m.
All parent/teacher conferences currently scheduled for this Wednesday will be automatically rolled over to this Friday (same time slot as originally selected by parent in PickATime). If you are unable to attend a conference on Friday, March 17, please log in to PickATime and select a new conference time and/or date.
Update on district snow days: The district had seven snow days built into this year’s calendar. As of today, we have three unused snow days remaining before students will be required to give back days.
Here are a few building specific changes to note:
- The viewing of Screenagers at the high school has been moved to Tuesday, March 28 at 7 p.m.
- The North Main Science Fair will be held Thursday, March 16 from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- The Parentsteps program at Smith Clove has been moved to Tuesday, March 21 at 7 p.m.
- The Community Swim scheduled for tomorrow, March 14, has been canceled.
- M-W High School and Pine Tree PTA meetings have been canceled.
If there are widespread power outages across the district, please continue to check with local media or the district Facebook page for updates. Be safe and stay warm!
Superintendent of Schools