Little Miracles Preschool
Early Childhood Education Classes
Preschool Program for 4-Year-Olds
Little Miracles is an on-site preschool located in the High School and is part of the Early Childhood Education curriculum. High school sophomores, juniors and seniors enrolled in Early Childhood Education courses, under the direction of faculty member Ms. Pirraglia, plan lessons, prepare materials and serve as teachers. This eleven-week program is in operation every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with exact dates and time determined according to the High School class schedule each year.
Details for parents:
- Children should be four years old before the program begins and must be up to date with their immunizations.
- The program is free of charge and open to all four-year-olds residing in the Monroe-Woodbury School District.
Registration Forms are due in early May for Fall classes. Deadlines and information are posted on the district website and Facebook page.
Fall 2017 Registration Deadline: May 10, 2017
Parents will receive email notifications concerning their application, so it is important that a valid email address be provided on the registration form.
If there are more registrations than openings, a lottery will be held to select students.
Please click on the Little Miracles Registration link for the Registration Form and more information.
Little Miracles Philosophy
- Teenagers and preschoolers are an appropriate match when creating an Early Childhood Education environment.
- Teenagers and children learn from each other.
- A child thrives in an environment that addresses the five areas of a child’s development: intellectual, emotional, physical, social and moral.
- Positive attention, caring and encouragement help build positive self-esteem.
- Positive self-esteem is key to the success of the learner.
- Learning is a continuous process and involves active participation.
- Teaching children self-help skills leads to independence.