High School Counseling Department
NEWS & NOTES:
It’s College Acceptance season!
SENIORS! As your college acceptance letters arrive and you decide where you will attend school this fall, share your good news with us!
Take a selfie in your college gear or holding a sign showing where you will attend school this fall and #MW2017 on your Instagram or Twitter account. The Guidance Department will find it and post your picture in the #MW2017 senior mural. Then wear your college gear on May 1st
Congratulations on your hard work and earning your acceptance! We are proud of you!
Over 100 college admissions representatives will be in attendance. It’s a great opportunity to talk with a wide range of colleges! In addition, there will be a Financial Aid presentation but space is limited. For more information and to register for the Financial Aid presentation:
10 Ways School Counselors Help Students Everyday:
- Facilitating relationships between students, teachers, parents and administrators.
- Supporting the individual needs of each student.
- Assisting students in selecting courses that align with graduation requirements educational/career goals, teacher recommendations and parental approval.
- College application process and scholarship information.
- Career education through classroom activities and individual guidance meetings.
- Post-high school planning and transition planning.
- Counseling for decision-making, goal setting and academic success.
- As part of a team in both 504 and Committee on Special Education meetings.
- Counseling in family and peer relationships.
- Counseling students with personal/social problems.