Working Papers for students
Working papers are available through the high school guidance department in Room 207.
Students must bring the completed Application form for NYS Working Papers and all required documents with them to apply. Please read the Working Papers Instruction page carefully!
Here are a few tips…
- You must have had a physical in the past 12 months to apply for working papers.
- The physical can be on file in the nurse’s office or done with your private doctor.
- If your doctor did the physical, s/he must stamp the application form.
- The student MUST be present when picking up working papers or they will not be released.
Two types of working papers are issued depending upon the age of the student.
- Blue working papers – For students between the ages of 14 and 15
- Green working papers – For students between the ages of 16 and 17
It is important for students to keep their documents current to remain employed.
For general information on working papers, visit the NY State Department of Labor Youth Portal.
Please Note: By clicking on the links above, you will be leaving the Monroe-Woodbury web site. The appearance on the Web site listed here, of advertisements and product information does not constitute an endorsement by Monroe-Woodbury, and Monroe-Woodbury has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser.