School Budget Vote
General information about voting on M-W’s school budget
On the third Tuesday of each May, residents from across New York State go to the polls to vote on the annual school district budget and to elect members of the Board of Education.
In early May, Monroe-Woodbury residents can expect to receive in the mail a copy of the district’s budget notice that provides details about the budget that residents will vote on. If you do not receive a budget notice, please contact the Communications Office at 845-460-6200, ext. 6262 to request that one be mailed to you. Budget details are also available on the district website, the district Facebook page, and in the local newspapers.
You are eligible to vote if you are a United States citizen, 18 years or older, and a resident of the Monroe-Woodbury Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the annual vote date.
If you are registered to vote in general elections, you are automatically eligible to vote in school elections. If you are not registered, you can obtain a registration form in the office of the district clerk, at any school building or download a New York State voter registration form.
Special Voter Registration will be held at the Education Center at 278 Route 32, Central Valley on:
- Saturday, May 6 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 9 from 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The last date individuals will be able to register is Thursday, May 11.
Absentee ballots are available to registered residents who are unable to vote in person for reasons of illness or disability or who will be out of town on the date of the vote. Applications for absentee ballots are available from the District Clerk by calling (845)460-6200 ext. 6203 or by downloading the Application for Absentee Ballot.
• If the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the completed application must be received by the Clerk of the District no later than 4:30 P.M., Prevailing Time, Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
• If the ballot is to be given personally to the voter, the completed application must be received by the Clerk of the District no later than 4:30 P.M., Prevailing Time, Monday, May 15, 2017.
• Absentee ballots must be received by the Clerk of the District no later than 5:00 P.M., Prevailing Time, on the date of the Annual Meeting and Election.